Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Always time for play time!


Vance loves to spend time outside! I put him down on our back deck and he loved checking everything out. I can tell he loves the freedom of being mobile! He just goes where he wants to go!












Here is a video of Vance playing in the grass in the front yard. I thought it was so cute how Chad said Vance was 'on safari.' Now, it is all we say when our little one crawls through the grass!



Vance is now pulling himself up and standing on his own! He started doing this almost instantly after he learned to crawl. I have seen the progression of him starting out shaky to now doing it effortless. He is a strong little boy and is now standing whenever he gets the chance. The videos below are really cute.


The video below was taken on one of the first days he was standing...you can hear how happy we were!


Vance has lost some interest in his exersaucer, however, he has gained a lot of interest in what is beneath it! He always wants to climb under it and gets stuck every time. His teachers at school also tell us he climbs under everything! Watch the video below and hear how surprised I am that he actually got himself out without my help!



Last weekend, we had a little play date for Vance and Brady. They had the entire day together and loved it more than anything! I played mother and aunt and loved how I got some special quiet time with Brady while little Vance was still napping. I got the boys comfortable in little white onsies and let them explore the house...one window at a time. They were inseparable!


I made sure they each had similar toys so they wouldn't take each others. However, both boys were more interested in the blue teether!



Vance really wanted the blue teether...

But, Brady was not going to give it up!



They are like two little peas in a pod!




Vance has just recently learned to clap his hands together. I just love it because I think he is expressing happiness! I finally got it on video the other day...videos are not easy to get these days because the second I get down on the floor in front of him he comes dashing at me and wants to climb into my arms...I love being a mom more than anything.


Vance and I went to visit 'Aunt' Alison's little baby boutique shop and the second we arrived, Vance had his eye on this little boat he is holding above. 'Uncle' Drew bought it for him and now it is his favorite toy to bring to the water park! "Thank you 'Uncle' Drew. I love you!"





Vance had a case of the giggles the other day when we were playing! He is very interested in our faces right now and is always touching our noses and wants to touch our teeth! I love his little giggle!

No comments: