Vance loved his first visit to the eye doctor, especially because his doctor is his Aunt Amanda! We brought Vance into her exam room and right when Vance saw her he was looking around for Brady. I'm sure he quickly realized this was not a play-date! Amanda examined Vance's eyes and he did great. Chad held him first during all the fun tests and then, when it came time for the dilating drops, I got to hold him. Vance's eyes are perfect, just a little bit of 'plus', which I guess is good, the doctor says! The plus means he is a little near sighted, which all babies are. After Vance's exam, he got a prize for being so good... his little cousin Brady arrived with Uncle Bryan! The babies played in Amanda's exam room for a while before we called it a night. It was a very memorable experience! Thank you, Amanda for examining Vance's eyes!
Amanda was so good with Vance during his exam and kept him distracted while she checked out his eyes. In her practice, Amanda has a large focus in pediatric vision therapy, so she examines children all day long. She is so great at what she does!
Vance was not thrilled with the dilating drops. I held him so tight so he knew I was there.
After Vance's eyes dilated, Amanda could look into the back of his eyes and make sure his optic nerve looked normal.
Here is Vance with Brady and Uncle Bryan, his other future eye doctor! Bryan will be graduating OSU's optometry school next summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment