Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hidden secret

Wednesdays are my personal days with Vance and I am always looking for fun things to do and show him!  Well, one day a couple weeks ago, I drove by a nature preserve and decided to stop and see what it was.  I  took Vance on his very first hike on a nature trail.  I had no idea where the trail was going to lead us... it lead us to THIS!  A beautiful waterfall!  Later that day, we brought Amanda and Brady to our 'hidden secret' and they loved it too!  

Me and our handsome guys.
Amanda and the boys.
Later that day, we were planning on going to the zoo, however it started raining, so we had to come up with a new plan.  So, we took the boys to Petland and they LOVED looking at all the puppies and holding 3 week-old kittens.  I think Amanda and I had to say "gentle" a dozen times... Vance had his little kitten in a head lock!  The boys just loved Petland... I guess it was kind of like going to the zoo!
"I want one, Mommy!"
After seeing all the cages at Petland, Vance decided he wanted to become a puppy!  He crawled into the doggie crate when we got home!  So cute!
Here are the boys goofing off at Amanda's office!  While Amanda was giving Chad an eye exam, I had fun with the boys trying on all sorts of glasses.  They loved it!

Here they are sitting in front of the big fish tank... just relaxing... enjoying the view.
They are SO fun at this age!
Rainy days also call for shopping!  Amanda and I love to shop, but we ALWAYS make time to take the boys to the play area at the mall.  Here is Vance running around Saturn!
After a long, fun-filled day, it is time for baths, books and bedtime.  We put the boys down at each other's houses a lot so us girls can visit.  Story time is so fun at this age... they get so into the books!
Chad turned 29 a few weeks ago and I threw a party for him!  Any time I have an excuse to decorate, order a cake and balloons, and get our group of friends together, I do it and love every second of it!  Well, after the party, Vance wanted to have a little fun with the ballooons!

I kept the table up for a week because Vance was having so much fun playing underneath it!
Such simple pleasures at this age.

Below is a video of the boys playing one evening.  They started crawling backwards down the hall and giggling their cute giggles.  I ran for the camera and they just kept doing it!  They are so cute!



Here is another video!  One of the books in Vance's Easter basket was a book where you press a giggle button.  Vance's laugh is so fake in this video, but it is so cute!  Please notice the boys are still working on sharing!!



1 comment:

tammylin said...

these are all such precious moments! i can't wait to start my own! love tammy